August 30, 2013. 91-minute dharma talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh from Blue Cliff Monastery in Pine Bush, New York during the 2013 Nourishing Great Togetherness teaching tour. This is the final dharma talk for the 6-day retreat with the theme Transformation and Healing – The Art of Suffering.
- How to love – Four Elements of True Love (also known as Unlimited Mind or the Four Brahma Viharas)
- Maitri (loving kindness) – capacity to offer well being and happiness.
- Karuna (compassion) – capable of removing the pain
- Mudita (joy)
- Upeksha (equanimity or inclusiveness)
- Continue instructiom on the exercises of mindful breathing (#9-#16)
- 9: Recognize every mental formations
- 10: make the landscape of the mind beautiful – gladdening the mind. Watering good seeds.
- True Diligence (four aspects)
- 11: concentrate our mind on the mental formation
- 12: liberating the mind
- 13: contemplating impermanence
- 14: contemplating non-craving
- 15: nirvana
- 16: letting go
- Three Doors of Liberation (emptiness, signlessness, aimlessness)