August 28, 2013. 105-minute dharma talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh from Blue Cliff Monastery in Pine Bush, New York during the 2013 Nourishing Great Togetherness teaching tour. This is the third dharma talk for the 6-day retreat with the theme Transformation and Healing – The Art of Suffering.
- Today President Obama invites us to “Let Freedom Ring” on the 50th anniversary of the MLK speech at the Lincoln Memorial. How do we realize the dream of King?
- Thay’s dream of being a student
- Being a bell master
- Establishing a meditation hall in the home
- Thay’s dream is to build a sangha. Harmony. Sisterhood. Brotherhood.
- Nonviolent action and war in Vietnam
- MLK, Thay, and Vietnam
- Why self- immolation is non-violent
- Beloved Community = Sangha Building
- Building sangha in France. In exile.
- Mindfulness today
- The Four Kinds of Nutriments