I know you are there and it makes me happy.
Thich Nhat Hanh and the monastics are traveling in the United States this month offering days of mindfulness and retreats. Since our last post, there has been a public talk in New York, a day of mindfulness in Washington DC, a public talk in Boston, and two retreats in Mississippi. The last day of mindfulness, before heading to California, is today at Magnolia Grove Monastery in Mississippi.
Unfortunately, we have not been able to share the talks from these events because of licensing restrictions (with the venue), semi-private events, or due to extremely poor internet service (as in the case with Mississippi).
In the month of October we will be able to post most of the talks taking place at Deer Park Monastery (October 4-8 and 11-16) plus the Day of Mindfulness on October 20. We are also very excited to offer the Oakland Public Talk on October 26 as a free live stream event in partnership with Sounds True. Please register now so you have access for this special event.
Look for the podcasts to resume next week. Peace.
September 1, 2013. 118-minute dharma talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh from Blue Cliff Monastery in Pine Bush, New York during the 2013 Nourishing Great Togetherness teaching tour. This is a public Day of Mindfulness when approximately 1400 people came to Blue Cliff to learn about the practice.
- What is a dharma talk?
- How to listen?
- What is walking meditation?
- Our True Nature
- What is mindful eating?
- Healing our suffering
- Chanting (from 33-minutes to 49-minutes)
- Conditions of happiness
- Art of Suffering
- Understanding and compassion
- Practice of mindful breathing
- Joy and happiness
- Deep listening and loving speech
- Wake Up Schools
- What is mindfulness?
- Four Mantras
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:58:09 — 108.2MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
August 30, 2013. 91-minute dharma talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh from Blue Cliff Monastery in Pine Bush, New York during the 2013 Nourishing Great Togetherness teaching tour. This is the final dharma talk for the 6-day retreat with the theme Transformation and Healing – The Art of Suffering.
- How to love – Four Elements of True Love (also known as Unlimited Mind or the Four Brahma Viharas)
- Maitri (loving kindness) – capacity to offer well being and happiness.
- Karuna (compassion) – capable of removing the pain
- Mudita (joy)
- Upeksha (equanimity or inclusiveness)
- Continue instructiom on the exercises of mindful breathing (#9-#16)
- 9: Recognize every mental formations
- 10: make the landscape of the mind beautiful – gladdening the mind. Watering good seeds.
- True Diligence (four aspects)
- 11: concentrate our mind on the mental formation
- 12: liberating the mind
- 13: contemplating impermanence
- 14: contemplating non-craving
- 15: nirvana
- 16: letting go
- Three Doors of Liberation (emptiness, signlessness, aimlessness)
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:31:21 — 83.6MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |