Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:25:09 — 78.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
June 15, 2013. 85-minute dharma talk given by Thich Nhat Hanh from the European Institute of Applied Buddhism in Waldbrol, Germany. The talk is given in English with consecutive translation into German. This is the fourth dharma talk, a session of questions and answers, of the German Retreat on the theme Are You Sure?
- Who are we if we are not our feelings, body, perceptions, or consciousness? What is left?
- Is it okay to suffer and feel for my son who was paralyzed in an accident?
- What makes a man a man and what makes a woman a woman? Is it important to know the distinction? What should we teach our children?
- If there is no thinker then how can there be a doer?
- How do work with feelings of pain, guilt, and shame?
- I want to reconcile, how can I call my father if he’s dead?
- How can you help someone who is suffering from violent emotions, especially if they can’t see it themselves?