July 11, 2012. 115-minute recording given at Upper Hamlet, Plum Village by Thich Nhat Hanh. This is the fourth dharma talk of the Summer Opening. We begin with chanting and this is a session of Questions and Answers.
- How are you?
- Why is everyone against him?
- Why do I sometimes cry for no reason?
- How can we let go of anger? (question from Oprah magazine)
- What do you do when your teacher makes fun of you and everyone laughs?
- Why do I sometimes feel a heavy ball on my heart?
Teens and Adults
- Can you say some words about Interbeing of Catholic and Buddhist?
- Have you ever been able to calm down a person in rage and angry at you?
- I feel a lot of anger sometimes and I don’t want to let it come out, try to control, but sometimes I just explode and hurt the other person.
- How do I listen and respect myself versus letting me do whatever I want? Freedom versus discipline.
- Question about bi-polar disorder. How can we respond in a more loving and supportive methods than drugs?
- How can I trust myself!