June 7, 2012. 99-minute dharma talk by Thich Nhat Hanh from New Hamlet in Plum Village during the 21-Day Retreat with the theme The Science of the Buddha. The talk is given in English and this is the fifth dharma talk (of 15).
This is an excellent session of questions and answers.
- What is the difference between feelings and mental formations?
- Is euthanasia okay? Is it Right Action? Can we relieve physical Pain?
- How do I practice with the teaching of inferiority and equality complexes?
- How can we support out dharma teacher when s/he is not so skillful?
- How do I practice with the last four exercises from the sutra on the full awareness of breathing?
- Question on consciousness and impermanence.
- What happens to the mind after the body dies?
- How can you take refuge in the sangha if you don’t trust? How can we build trust?
- Severe mental illness, such as bipolar, requires medicine to balance emotion. Can you clarify this as it relates to the practice?