August 12, 2011. 85-minute dharma talk with Thich Nhat Hanh from War Memorial Gym at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. The sangha is on the North American Tour and this talk is a question and answer session.
- How did it feel when you left your country?
- Where did you learn to become mindful and to breathe?
- Do you think you’ve reached the highest level of Buddhism? Oh, can you play soccer with the kids today?
- Do you believe you have reached the stage of enlightenment, and if not do you think you will at some stage in your life?
- What was it like being on the Oprah Winfry show?
- What is the goal of Buddhism?
- I have self doubt and negative thoughts that keep me from enjoying myself; how can I overcome this?
- What are the best ways to connect with my volition to offer love?
- My suffering comes from chronic illness with a lot of physical pain and I am also an activist who cares very deeply for the world which leads to despair. What practices do you suggest for this type of suffering?
- What would be a good way to bring mindfulness to the inner cities?
- Awakening of the Heart. Are we as a society moving from the intellect to the heart? Is there a shift in our collective consciousness?
The talk is available below. There is a video version available too.