From the Stillwater Meditation Hall at Upper Hamlet, Plum Village. This is the third question and answer session of the annual Summer Opening retreat at Plum Village on July 23, 2014. The talk is in English and both the audio and the video are available below.
- Why do monks and nuns always have brown clothes and no hair?
- How can I express my anger without taking it out anyone?
- Why does a seed give birth to a flower and sometimes not? Why am I myself as I am and not as the others?
- Why did you make Plum Village?
Teens and Young Adults
- I’m not the only one who feels lonelineness and sadness about myself and I’ve had struggled with self hatred. How do I learn to care and love myself and stop negative perceptions?
- In school it is very competitive and there is a lot of pressure to succeed. I feel like I need to work harder. How do I take it easy without hurting myself further?
- How can I love myself more and how can I have more confidence in myself?
- It seems we live in a global culture of non-stop talking. Can you help us learn more about the practice of silence?
- I have a friend who’s father was diagnosed with cancer. His father shared he was contemplating suicide. What should he do?