The second dharma talk of the Understanding Is Love Retreat with Thich Nhat Hanh at the European Institute of Applied Buddhism in Waldbrol, Germany. The talk is given in English with consecutive translation into Dutch. In this talk on August 21, 2014, Thay teaches on the noble eightfold path, the five mindfulness trainings, and applying mindfulness in the world. Both the audio and the video are available below.
- Living in Plum Village and living in brotherhood and sisterhood. What is life like at Plum Village?
- Story of a Bell and Thay’s Dream
- Turning of the Wheel of the Dharma – the Buddha’s first dharma talk. The noble eightfold path.
- The popularity of mindfulness in the world today. Is it an instrument to make more money and to kill better?
- The Five Mindfulness Trainings
- Applied Buddhism in schools; our experience in France.
- Learning how to understand, communicate, and reconcile