October 9, 2011. 105-minute dharma talk with Thich Nhat Hanh from Blue Cliff Monastery in Pine Bush, NY. The sangha is on the North American Tour and this is the third dharma talk for the Stepping Into Freedom, Savoring Life Retreat. Today we have a session of questions and answers.
Our practice to ask a question that will benefit everyone. We begin with the children, then teens, and finally the adults.
- When you are very upset, how can you show it without hitting?
- Do you ever get frustrated with yourself?
- How do I not suffer when people are not being good to this world?
- How young were you when you became a monk and what types of commitments did you need to make?// brief introduction and discussion on the Wake Up Movement by Br. Phap Luu //
- When I have positive and negative energy, what should I do with it?
- When I’m engaged in a conversation, I worry about other things. What does it mean to go home to yourself?
- Can we still have the consciousness of our loved ones after death? Can we communicate?
- A question about the Five Mindfulness Trainings and karma. Is it forgiven?
- When I get discouraged or frustrated, I sometimes compare myself to you and it keeps me away and I don’t feel connected to the sangha.
- A question about commitment and coming from a place of truth and an unclear understanding from when the commitment was originally made.
- A question about attachment, discrimination, and violence.
- As a person raised Christian and have felt Jesus, so how can I know absolute truth? Is this it?
You may listen or download the audio from this site or watch the video.