August 22, 2011. 107-minute dharma talk with Thich Nhat Hanh from YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado. The sangha is on the North American Tour and this is the Question and Answer session of the Body and Mind Are One retreat.
Thay answers question first from the children, from young adults, and older practitioners:
- Is meditating about having fun?
- Does the Buddha live in the bell?
- Can the bell be another color besides black?
- Is meditating healthy?
- What is the most important thing I can do to build Sangha?
- If the men in power in this country were to ask you for advice, what would you tell them?
- Is it ever appropriate to respond to violence with violence?
- How do we respond to health care workers and hospitals that have led to the death of family members?
- Is it wrong to take someone’s life in the case of the death penalty?
- How do I know when I’m truly ready to love and help others, and how do I know when I am ready for a long-term commitment?
- How do we practice letting go in a healthy way before tension builds?
- Would you consider permitting neuroscientists to study your mind, and the minds of brothers and sisters?
The talk is available below. A video version is available: questions and answers.